Tuesday 16 June 2009

Master of their own misery


Real Madrid has created their own misery even before their players have started playing in the new season.

In what is painfully obvious to the bystander, all the clubs are now asking for astronomical amounts of money everytime the Spanish club is looking to buy a new player from them to add to their new super acquisitions, Ronaldo and Kaka. I mean seriously, who wouldn't after Real Madrid broke the world transfer record twice in a week ?!?

Now if I am Bayern Munich's general manager who has a player that Real desperately wants, I will conveniently slap another world record transfer fee on his head. Case in point: the club put a price tag of 87 million pounds for Franck Ribery, Bayern's best player and in the opinion of Bayern, better than Cristiano Ronaldo.

Well... I guess Madrid legend and former record transfer holder Zinedine Zidane said it himself, "to get the best players to come, you need to pay a high price." The cold and hard truth is Real needs to pay a price in excess of the last world record transfer fee they paid, every single time they want to gather another mother son of a great player.

Frankly, I am not pitying their sorry "plight" now. They will probably find people quoting ridculous amounts of money for an ordinary defender which by the way they need desperately now for an imbalanced team... I heard they wanted Gael Clichy? How about 50 million pounds, Monsier Perez? I will try for the sky if I am Arsene Wenger.

Other than Ribery, David Villa's club Valencia is probably trying the same tactics as well. President Perez proudly endorsed it didn't he? He mentioned he will stop at nothing to build the best team in the world, so why would Valencia hesitate to ask for 50, 60 or 70 million pounds? Why not? Test his bank reserves, try his ambition... in the end, everyone wins don't they? Really?

So Real Madrid wants or should we say, they need to offload Robben and Sneijder before buying new players. A case of too many players in the same position with Kaka and Ronaldo. How do you propose selling them? Real cannot charge a high price for them, can they? If I am doing business with them, I wouldn't budge from my first offer if I am interested in their players. "Well, you know what Mr Perez... you can either sell them to me or you can keep their butts on the subs bench in an overcrowded first team while paying off their ginormous paychecks for the rest of the new season. Note: their value drops after a season on the bench." Nei ni nei ni boo boo :p

Fabio Cannavaro who left Real Madrid for Juventus mentioned before that the real issues at Real Madrid are not the qualities of the players or the coach but rather the politicking that is causing the instability which translates to the pitch.

I smell something terribly wrong with Perez's footballing strategy, I just have this sneaky feeling that it will all crumble on him... and my oh my, the cracks are already showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment