Wednesday 30 December 2009

John "Bubba" Burridge


I kinda miss John Burridge, bubba Burridge as I would see him to be, the grand ol pundit on the football channel these days. Whatever happened to the one man entertainer in an otherwise dry half time talk in BPL live telecasts?

Yes, yes... John has his quirky side. His dressing sometimes puts Freddie Mercury and Steven Tyler to shame. Bright yellow suits, unmatching neckties... John shows why he is better off a football man. But this guy cracks me up from time to time, although his very thick accent does confuse, I do enjoy some of those annoying exchanges with the host on Football Channel (what is his name again?)

ESPN, bring John Burridge back !! The guy's got more entertainment value compared to Carlton Palmer (yawns...) and Trevor Sinclair (double yawns...). His dressing alone beats the monotonous comments made by those two. I can't stand Carlton Palmer's repetitive and "condemning" comments on the modern footballer, but I will leave that to another post.

John "Bubba" Burridge... that is my kind of pundit for a half time commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment